Spring in New England is a beautiful season. More daylight and warming temperatures make it a great time to get outdoors. Marlborough pest control companies know spring also marks the start of termite season here in Massachusetts.
Termites start swarming and looking for a new place to nest as the weather warms. This guide will explain how to tell if termites are in your home, the damage they can cause, and why they would choose your house to infest.
If you suspect you already have an infestation, it is time to contact a termite specialist near you. Read on to learn more about termites from the pros at Bug Bully Pest Control.
How To Identify Signs Of Termites
Termites in Marlborough work quietly behind the walls, chewing their way through the structural wood in your house. Knowing some signs of termites can help you to spot an infestation before it becomes severe. Here are some of the signs to keep an eye out for:
- If you see tubes made of mud on the exterior of your home that begin at the ground level, you likely have a termite problem.
- Check around windows and doors for discarded wings from swarming termites.
- Soft, hollow-sounding wood inside your home indicates termites.
- If the paint on your walls appears to be bubbling, termites could be to blame.
- Wood that is darkening or blistered suggests termite activity.
If you see any of the above signs, contact Bug Bully Pest Control today for assistance with termite removal.
How Quickly Can Termites Destroy A House?
The damage termites cause is often misunderstood. While this pest can wreak havoc on the structural wood in your home, it can take years for them to destroy your house. Termite colonies start small, but they do multiply quickly.
Watching for signs of termites in your house may help you spot an infestation, but the damage has likely already occurred by the time you see the signs. Many homeowners don’t realize they have a termite problem for up to several years. Regular professional termite inspections are the best way to avoid termite damage.
Professionals know where and how to look for termites and can catch an infestation in its earliest stages. Contact us at Bug Bully Pest Control if you haven’t had a termite inspection recently.
Why Do I Have Termites In My House?
A termite infestation in your Marlborough home usually starts because something around your house attracts them. The following list details factors that increase the likelihood of termites entering your house:
- Soft, water-damaged wood is often the initial attraction for termites.
- Termites are attracted to water around your home’s foundation, perhaps from clogged gutters or poor drainage.
- Leaking pipes, faucets, or air conditioning units will attract them.
- Areas of your home with high humidity, such as attics, basements, or crawlspaces, invite this pest.
- Firewood or building materials that are close to your house can be the start of an infestation.
- Places on your property where wood and soil meet allow termites easy access to your house, including mulch near the structure.
Repairing problem areas can help you to avoid termite damage. A thorough inspection of your property from Bug Bully Pest Control is the easiest way to find issues that might draw termites to your house.
Expert Termite Control Is A Great Idea For Marlborough Properties
Whether termites are infesting your home or you are looking to prevent them, the best termite control near you comes from the pros at Bug Bully Pest Control. Our technicians have the skill and know-how to help you keep these pests out. Contact us today for an estimate and to learn more about our residential and commercial pest control services in Marlborough.