Homeowners in Marlborough, MA, face a unique set of pest control challenges. The problem is that the town is located in a particularly attractive area to mice. That’s why homeowners in Marlborough need to be extra vigilant about mouse control.
The good news is that Marlborough homeowners can use several effective mouse control methods to keep their homes mouse-free. This article will share a complete guide to mouse pest control in Marlborough. We will cover everything from preventative measures to the most effective extermination methods.
Habits And Behaviors Of Common House Mice
Mice are nocturnal creatures, so they are most active at night. During the day, they like to hide in dark, secluded places. Mice are excellent climbers who can access your home through openings higher off the ground.
Mice are also notorious for their incredible sense of smell. This sense of smell helps them find food and avoid predators. A strong smell attracts mice, such as food left outside or garbage not properly disposed of.
Another key mouse behavior that homeowners should be aware of is their reproduction cycle. A female mouse can have up to 10 litters of babies per year, and each litter can consist of up to 12 baby mice. This means that a single mouse can quickly turn into an infestation.
Why Mice In Your House Can Be So Problematic
Mice are not just a nuisance; they can also be dangerous. Mice carry many diseases, such as salmonellosis and hantavirus. They can also cause property damage by chewing through insulation, drywall, and wiring.
Mice are also proficient at reproducing. As we mentioned before, a female mouse can have up to 10 liters of babies per year. This means that a mouse infestation can quickly get out of control.
Five Simple Yet Effective Mouse Prevention Tips For Around The House
The best way to deal with mice is to prevent them from entering your home in the first place. Here are five simple yet effective mouse prevention tips for around your house:
- Keep your kitchen clean: Mice are attracted to food smells, so a dirty kitchen is like a beacon. Be sure to clean up any spills and dispose of garbage properly.
- Seal any cracks and openings: Check your home’s doors, windows, and foundation. Mice can squeeze through tiny spaces, so it’s vital to seal any cracks or openings around your home.
- Remove any mouse attractants: If you have mouse attractants around your home, such as pet food or bird seed, be sure to remove them.
- Keep your yard clean: A messy yard is another mouse attractant. Be sure to keep your grass trimmed and your garbage cans sealed.
- Call a professional: If you still have mice problems, it’s time to call a professional. A mouse extermination company can identify potential entry points and mouse-proof your home.
These tips can help you to avoid mouse problems in your home. However, if you do see signs of mice, be sure to contact a professional.
The Most Effective Way To Get Rid Of Mice In Your Home
The most effective way to get rid of mice in your home in Marlborough, MA, is to use our local mouse pest control company. At Bug Bully Pest Control, we have the experience and knowledge to properly eliminate these pests from your home, and we can do so safely for you and your family. Using the latest and most effective methods, we will work with you to rid your home of mice.
Call us today if you are dealing with a mouse problem. We will thoroughly inspect your home and property and develop a plan to get rid of these pests for good. We have a wide range of experience with different mouse control methods, and we will design a custom plan to eliminate your mouse problem.