There is a lot to love about summers in Massachusetts. With the warmer weather and lots of sunshine, it’s a great opportunity to get outdoors and enjoy time with your family and friends. But enjoying a cookout or special occasion is difficult when you can’t keep mosquitoes away.
This article will explain why mosquitoes get worse in the summer and give some tips for minimizing their activity. If mosquitoes are already causing trouble in your yard, don’t worry, we can also show you how to deal with a current infestation. Read on to learn more about mosquito pest control in Marlborough with the experts at Bug Bully Pest Control.
Why Mosquitoes Only Get Worse In The Summer Around Marlborough
Mosquitos in Marlborough prefer warm, damp environments, meaning summertime is ideal. There are a few reasons mosquitoes prefer these conditions, including:
- Mosquitoes are cold-blooded insects, which means their surroundings control their temperature.
- Some female mosquitoes hibernate over the winter and immediately begin reproducing in the spring.
- A few kinds of mosquitoes can survive in the larval stage buried in the mud and swamps and emerge as adults when the temperatures rise.
- If you live near an area with stagnant water, such as a swamp or pond, you will likely see higher mosquito activity, as these are prime breeding spots.
If mosquitoes are a problem on your property in the summer months, working with a local company that offers mosquito control services can help to reduce their numbers significantly. Contact us at Bug Bully Pest Control to learn more about our services or request your free estimate.
Prevention Steps To Take Now To Minimize Mosquito Activity
There are several steps you can start taking now to keep the number of mosquitoes on your property to a minimum. Here are some natural ways to keep mosquitoes away:
- Eliminate standing water on your property by regularly emptying any containers that hold water, like flower pot bases, pool covers, and children’s toys.
- If you have bird baths or baby pools, frequently refresh the water.
- Ensure that your gutters are clear and you have adequate drainage in the yard.
- Cut back excessive vegetation and keep the grass mowed to reduce shady resting areas for mosquitoes.
Combining these efforts with professional mosquito control is the simplest and most effective way to keep mosquitoes out of the yard. Contact us at Bug Bully Pest Control to learn more about how we can help you reduce the number of mosquitoes on your property.
What To Do If Mosquitoes Are Already Buzzing Around Your Property
If your family has mosquito bites all over them, you likely already have an infestation. But don’t worry because there are specific treatments we can provide for heavily infested areas that can help eliminate the majority of mosquitoes buzzing around. We can also treat standing water for mosquitoes to ensure the eggs will not develop into adults.
We understand that summer is the time to have celebrations. With graduation and wedding season approaching, we can also provide one-time services so you can enjoy your outdoor occasion without your guests running for cover. Contact us at Bug Bully Pest Control today to learn how we can help with your mosquito problem.
Bug Bully Is Your Source For Mosquito Abatement In Marlborough
Whether you want a quick fix for an outdoor gathering or continuous treatments, working with Bug Bully Pest Control is the best way to keep mosquitoes out of the yard. Contact us today to request your free estimate so you can enjoy your property all summer long.